Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting Ready for Preschool

Today Jayce had his preschool screening, so that he can start preschool next year. He will be in the same building I work in, so it will be exciting for him to be able to go to school with me everyday. He did such a great job. Mrs. Debbie, our PAT consultant, worked with him and had lots of little tests for him to do. She asked him who he played with and who his friends were. He said Jordy and Mommy :). She asked him to draw a picture and he chose to draw a volcano(I have no idea where that came from). He had to sort colors, identify pictures, stack blocks, and more. He concentrated so hard and acted so grown up. I am just so proud of him. He amazes me everyday. I know it sounds silly and sappy, but he is growing up to fast and I can't get him to slow down. It's just hard to believe that soon he'll be going to school. He is such a gift to me and I am so thankful everyday that he is a part of my life.

Jayce had to balance and walk on a straight line.

Mrs. Debbie is testing Jayce's vision. He loved the eye paddle because she told him he looked like a pirate.

Jayce had to stack the cups inside themselves. This involves visual perception and problem solving skills because he has to look and think about which cup fits into the next.


Jayce had to stack the blocks as high as he could without letting them fall over.

Mrs. Debbie measured Jayce's height and weight. Pretty average: 38in. tall and 30 lbs. (I don't think he's going to be an NBA star)

Jordy's not to amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment